Wow! How has a week gone by since I posted last?! I spent the week working and helping a friend prepare to leave for an opportunity of a lifetime. I decided to create the individual a “care package” encasing these muffins, and oatmeal cookies which will be posted tomorrow!
I always like to make recipes healthier, adding my own tweaks, I tried to make these as healthy as possible, my family loved them, they were very moist! If you do not like large quantities of sugar in your diet you can reduce the sugar within this recipe.
Ingredients (makes 15 muffins)
1 egg, 3 very ripe medium bananas, 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup of sour cream (fat content does not matter), 2 cups of flour (all-purpose or whole wheat), 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- In a large bowl mash the bananas, add the egg, applesauce, and sour cream, blend well
- In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well until all incorporated
- Add 1 tsp of flour to the blueberries, ensure that all the blueberries are coated in flour, add to the mix, fold in lightly
- Add the mixture to greased muffin tins or lined muffin tins, bake for 25 minutes, check and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and brown on top
Note: In step five, flour is added to the blueberries to stop them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins, it is very important you do this if you do not want your blueberries sitting in the bottom of the muffins!