Good evening friends,
These brownies are perfect for non-vegans and vegans alike! I think they are the best brownie recipe I have ever made. They are super easy and can be made with everyday ingredients!
- 1/4 cup of mashed avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of white or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees F). Grease an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pureed avocado and applesauce until smooth. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, baking soda, salt, coffee, and water.
- Stir until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread the batter evenly throughout the pan. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. If you over-bake, the brownies will have a cake-like texture.
- Remove and let the brownies sit out for at least 20 minutes before serving. Cut and serve, or cover and store for up to 3 days.