The sun is finally shining and I am trapped inside at work…go figure! Yesterday I tried a DIY baking soda shampoo and I was very impressed! I have used lots of “no poo” shampoos before and have always enjoyed the soft sensation they leave on my hair. The baking soda shampoo left my scalp slightly drier than I wished but I just compensated with a touch of coconut oil!
1. Mix 3 tbsp of baking soda with 1 tsp of water, the consistency must be a paste, add more water if needed
2. Fully wet hair and apply baking soda paste as if you were washing your hair, remember, there will be no bubbles!
3. Let baking soda paste sit in your hair for 5 minutes
4. Rinse baking soda out with water, then rise with diluted apple cider vinegar (1 cup of water, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar)
5. Once finished in the shower apply 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to ends and work your way up to your scalp