Its Friday and its raining again!
I’ve decided to post this recipe because it’s super easy to make! I like to make this recipe early in the week so I can take a slice for breakfast, or put it in my lunch for work during the week.
Ingredients (Makes one loaf)
3 very ripe bananas, 1/3 cup of melted butter, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 pinch of salt, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Note: chocolate chips, nuts, and raisins can be added if you wish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celcius
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract, mix together until smooth
- In another large bowl, mix baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and flour
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly mix until evenly incorporated
- Pour into a greased loaf pan (8×4 or 9×6) and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, check the loaf about 35 minutes through with a toothpick through the middle.
- Once the loaf is fully cooked, allow to cool in the pan, once cooled remove from the pan and store in a large glass container for up to a week.