I enjoy spending my time in the outdoors, I find it calming and satisfying to see the beautiful things the Earth creates. There are many different scientific studies that have been done correlating with increased memory, mood and decreased stress.
Five reasons why I hike:
- Improved short-term memory
- Restored mental energy
- Stress relief
- Reduced inflammation
- Improved Concentration
Spending time outdoors is especially important to me while I am practicing my studies. I often take study breaks by going for a short walk outside, 5-10 minutes around the block.
Finally, the earth is a temple, my studies include learning about the effects of humans on the earth. My goal is to protect the earth while learning about its beauty on foot in the natural environment
How you can enjoy the Earth’s beauty to:
- Go for walks, take time to admire the small things, the dandelions in the grass, the leaves on the trees and the clouds in the sky
- Admire the Earths creations, see yourself as equal, not only to all humans but to all walks of life; to the bees, the ants on the ground and the birds in the sky
- Reduce your intake of animal products, one vegetarian meal a week, or one meat meal a week.
- Reduce your intake of dairy products and eggs, switch to nut milks, use vegan substitutes for eggs such as tofu or ground flax seed.
Admire the Earths beauty in your own ways, but whatever you do ensure you take time each day to observe its beauty, because it may not be here forever.